I love having social gatherings and getting together with friends and family but I hate the stress of putting on a party so I always try to keep it as simple as possible. Here are a few tips for throwing a low pressure get-together:
1. FOOD — Keep it fairly simple. Chose one or two of your favorite crowd pleasers to whip up mixed in with a few pre-made frozen snacks or appetizers like the new Queso Cheese Bites from Farm Rich. Who wouldn’t enjoy a bite sized snack with creamy white queso cheese & a little kick of spicy goodness?
2. DRINKS — For a really casual party with close friends we usually do it BYOB style. Sometimes I also make a simple punch like Cran Raspberry juice mixed with Squirt. I came across an awesome idea on Pinterest this week: Fill muffin tins with water and a slice of lemon each and freeze. Use these large ice cubes in a big jug or punch bowl to keep your beverages cold and fresh.(Image and idea credit: Industrious Justice) Take it a step further by making sure your ice is crystal clear. To get ice as clear as glass you’ll need to boil the water first, let cool then boil a second time and freeze. This removes minerals from the water which makes the cloudiness you usually find in your ice cubes.
3. DECORATIONS — I usually only decorate for birthdays. Once again, I love using Pinterest for ideas in this department. There are so many fun and simple decorations and if I had more time, I’d spend a little more time pulling together the perfect party.
4. MUSIC — At our house it isn’t a party unless Sing Star is involved. Music is provided courtesy of our party guests — always a blast!
5. GUESTS — Personally, I like to keep the guest list on a smaller more intimate scale. That way I have time to really socialize and catch up with each of the guests.
6. PROPS & CAMERA — Its always fun to have some silly props around for photo opportunities. Leis and sunglasses for a summer party, a sombrero for Cinco de Mayo, or random silly hats etc. just for everyday fun. Phones will come out and pictures will be snapped left and right. Don’t be surprised if your goofy pose shows up on Facebook within minutes!
What are your tips for throwing a party or get-together without the stress?
More about Farm Rich Queso Cheese Bites:
- Ready in minutes
- Crispy on the outside, tender melty goodness on the inside
- Good source of calcium
- Only 180 calories per portion
- 0 grams of trans fat per serving
Through May 4th when you visit the Farm Rich Facebook page and play Pesos 4 Quesos you’ll have a chance to win a $3,500 “Fiesta Grand”. Just click on Peses 4 Quesos to register and play. In addition to the grand prize (announced May 5th Cinco de Mayo!), players will have the opportunity to win weekly $200 gift cards and coupons to try the new Queso Cheese Bites. Fans can also visit http://www.facebook.com/FarmRichSnacks/app_139228779483577 to watch a special Pesos 4 Quesos video message from Farm Rich.
Be sure to like Farm Rich on Facebook!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.Powered by Sidelines