This morning my family watched E.T. The Extra Terrestrial 30th Anniversary Edition. I remember watching this movie myself at the drive-in theater when I was four years old so I was excited to introduce the movie and the lovable alien to my own children. We snuggled up and ate Reeces Pieces as the story unfolded. In E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Elliot, a young boy finds a lost alien and forms a friendship with him. With the help of his siblings and friends he helps the creature he names E.T. find his way back home while trying to evade government officials who discovered his existence. Drew Barrymore plays Gerty, Elliot’s little sister. It’s neat to watch the actress as a child star.
Originally released in 1982 and ranked #1 for 16 weeks and #4 most successful movie of all time, E.T. The Extra Terrestrial will be hitting shelves in digitally remastered Blu-ray on October 9th for in-home viewing. The Blu-ray combo pack includes Ultra Violet, a DVD and Digital copy of the movie that allows viewers to watch the film on any platform. Bonus features on the Blu-ray disc include:
- Deleted Scenes —Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
- The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
- The Evolution and Creation of E.T.: From idea to screenplay, through casting and making the film.
- The E.T. Journals — find out what it was like being on the set of E.T. with never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award winning cinematographer John Toll.
- Steven Spielberg & E.T. — Steven Sepelberg reflets on the film in this all-new interview in which he discusses his experience working with the actors.
Own your own copy when it comes out on October 9th for around $20. Until then, download some fun FREE E.T. activity sheets below:
* A note to conservative/cautious parents — The film is rated PG and does have a little bit of foul language. My kids (oldest is 5) didn’t seem to pick up on it at all but there is one part near the beginning of the movie where Elliot calls his brother “penis breath” The older brother has a little bit of a potty mouth too and uses the word sh*t several times.
A complimentary product/service was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.