While supplies last, Target stores nationwide will carry five limited-edition General Mills Big G cereal boxes featuring fun “Retro” package designs. The packages also have cartoons from the 50s, 60s and 80s. Consumers picked their favorite Retro package designs and General Mills listened. Visit http://www.grocerysavvy.com/ to view some past cartoons while getting product information, coupons and more!
This week is about the Honey Nut Cheerios box from 1984. Here are some great facts from 1968 to start off your day:
- #1 Song: “When Doves Cry” – Prince
- The Cosby Show debuts on NBC. The sitcom is widely considered the most popular show of the 1980s
- Vanessa Williams becomes first African American Miss America
- Mary Lou Retton wins two gold, two silver and two bronze Olympic medals
- The Space Shuttle Discovery takes off on its maiden voyage
- Ronald Reagan defeats Walter Mondale with 59% of the popular vote,the highest since Richard Nixon’s 61% victory in 1972. Reagan carries 49 states in the electoral college; Mondale wins only his home state of Minnesota by a mere 3,761 vote margin and the District of Columbia
Popular Fads/Products etc:
- The Apple Macintosh is introduced
- The Band Aid single is released
- Stonewashed jeans are introduced
Each week, I will feature a different Big G Cereal box. One reader will win a Big G Cereal Retro Prize Pack each week as well. This prize pack includes the 5 boxes of cereal and a $10 Target Gift Card.
This giveaway is open until April 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm CST to U.S residents.
Please leave your name, address, email and answers to the questions (if any) in the form below. This is required for initial entry. Extra entries are optional. For more information on how to enter our giveaways, please see our contest guidelines page. There you’ll find options for extra entries, rules, etc.
Your information is confidential and used for contacting the winner and prize fulfillment purposes only.
A complimentary product/service was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are our own. We were not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.Powered by Sidelines