If you haven’t visited the seasonal aisle at Target recently, let me fill you in on a couple of fun products they have for Halloween. If you are having a Halloween party, this stuff is perfect. Even if you aren’t, these things would be fun to make with your kids.
- Ghosts & Goblins Brownie Kit — This kit comes with the brownie mix, large marshmallows, white glaze mix, green glaze mix, candy eyes, purple icing pouch and black icing pouch. You will need a few ingredients to make the brownies and glaze but it’s all stuff you probably have on hand anyway. The kit sells for $6.99
- Creep Creatures Cupcake Kit — This kit comes with the cupcake mix, creepy candy corn, orange frosting mix, purple frosting mix, candy eyes and black icing pouch. As with the other kit, you’ll need a couple of kitchen staple items to make the cupcakes and frosting. Makes 1 Dozen cupcakes. This kit also retails for $6.99
All that chocolate and frosting and your guests are sure to get thirsty. Serve them up a spooky beverage.
- Potion Punch —This bubbling brew drink mix comes with a plastic cauldron to serve it in. Just add 2 quarts of club soda or ginger ale to the cauldron then carefully add the drink mix and watch it fizz.
- Monster Punch— Fruit punch flavored drink mix. Can be used as a cauldron refill. Just add club soda or ginger ale.
- Cider Punch— Apple Cider flavored drink mix. Can be used as a cauldron refill. Just add hot water.
And for something a little less sugary, Archer Farms Monster Mix. This trail mix is a favorite of my kids. It has peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and coated chocolate candies. It sells for $2.99 per pouch. Here’s a recipe that you can make with it:
Monster Trail Mix Bars (Makes 36 Servings)
12 (5×2 ½-inch) graham crackers
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 bag (16 oz.) Archer Farms Monster Trail Mix (about 3 cups)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil leaving a 1-inch overhang on ends; spray foil with cooking spray. Place graham crackers onto foil with sides touching.
2. Melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan on MEDIUM heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Pour evenly over crackers.
3. Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until bubbly overall.
4. Remove pan from oven; sprinkle with marshmallows and trail mix. Continue baking until marshmallows begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cool completely. Lift from pan using foil. Cut into bars.
A complimentary product/service was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.