If you think Halloween is just child’s play then think again!
According to online retailer zulily, sales data shows purchases for adult costumes have increased 41% from 2014 to 2015. Additionally, nearly one-third of adults aged 25-34 said they plan to dress up for Halloween this year, according to a recent survey*. That’s more than their 18-24 year old counterparts, in which only one in four said they were dressing up this year.
- Movie/TV characters: It’s no surprise Princess Leia and Minions were the top picks, both franchises have new installments coming out this year.
- Superheroes: Girl power reigns supreme with WonderWoman and CatWoman as the top picks.
- Disney Characters: Both the classic Snow White and Frozen’s Anna and Elsa were at the top of the list.
- Prince William and Kate were ranked the top choice for costume inspiration for couple’s this year.
- Star Wars was cited as the top overall movie choice for costume inspiration this year
- The Walking Dead was the top TV show choice for costume inspiration. Season 6 premieres October 11th.
zulily is an online retailer focused on serving up fresh, unexpected items at the best prices. Customers have something new to discover each and every morning, so be sure to check back on zulily.com to shop unique items for the whole family.
* The study was conducted online using the GfK “Knowledge Panel,” an online probability-based panel designed to be representative of the US general population, not just the online population. The study consisted of 1,000 interviews conducted between September 18th and September 25th among adults aged 18+. The margin of error is +/-3 percentage points.