This post may contain affiliate links. Mommies with Cents receives free products for review purposes and may sometimes be compensated for posts but all opinions expressed are 100% my own. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about taking the blog in a little bit different direction. I’d love to start doing more DIY projects and recipes. Both of those will require a significant improvement in my photography skills. I guess that means I’ll actually need a camera too. The Canon EOS Rebel T5i is one of the best selling DSLR cameras on the market. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this camera from other bloggers who use it. The Canon Rebel, available at Best Buy, makes advanced photography fun and easy. Capture high quality images and express your creativity with this camera’s host of features:
- Capture Hollywood caliber full HD video
- Continuous autofocus while taking HD video
- Features an 18.0-megapixel CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 5 image processor to ensure vivid, crystal-clear images.
- The 3″ high resolution vari-angle touch screen simplifies navigation and the picture remains clear even in bright light (think summer sunny days)
Some of the other features that caught my eye include:
- Burst Mode — Captures 5 frames per second and utilizes 9 focus points to keep images sharp even in challenging action shots. This is ideal for capturing some great shots of my kids playing sports! This camera is great both professionally and for personal use!
- ISO 100-12,800 (expandable to 25,600) — I don’t know a lot about this but I do know that it makes taking pictures in low light situations come out crisp, clear and detailed.
- 1080p HD Video — I love that I can get both quality pictures AND video with this camera!
- Options — Apply any of 7 creative filters and preview the results on the 3″ LCD touch screen without having to shoot the image first.
- Selectable Scene Modes— easily determine optimal settings based on the subject. Choose from Scene Intelligent Auto, creative auto, landscape, close-up, sports, special scene modes (night portrait, HDR backlight control), and more.
There are a lot of really cool features on the Canon Rebel T5i but it seems to be very user friendly and a great camera to learn on. Right now you can save $150 on the Canon EOS Rebel T5i at Best Buy (through 12/20). Visit Best Buy to learn more. Better yet, stop into a store. The employees are knowledgeable and can likely answer any specific questions you may have.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free