I always keep my eye out for fun things to do with my kids. Even though it can get messy, we love creating things together. We’ve made our own play dough, done some baking, and completed many arts and crafts projects. A few days ago I ran across a recipe for homemade slime at ItsGravyBaby that we can’t wait to try! Maybe you’d like to join us! Here’s the recipe:
- Elmer’s Glue — standard size (clear or white both work)
- Food coloring
- Glitter (optional)
- Dissolve 1 tsp Borax into 1 cup water and set aside
- Empty your glue bottle into a medium sized bowl
- Fill the empty glue bottle with water and add to the bowl of glue
- Add food coloring of your preference and stir well
- Pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture and combine
- Stir with a spoon — globs will form right away
- Put the spoon aside and knead with your hands
- Pour off the excess water and continue kneading the slime. Add glitter if you’d like. Soon it will be dry to the touch and you’ll be left with the perfect slime!
We always have fun making a mess together but my kids love cleaning up too. It makes them feel more independent and grown up. I think it’s important to teach them responsibility and cleaning up after a project is a great place to start!
Do you have a fun craft project or science experiment you and your kids enjoy? Share it at cloroxrecipesforfun.com for your chance to win $10,000 towards an “Ultimate Mess Party!” When you share your recipe, you’ll get a coupon for $1 off Clorox Clean-Up. Register and view the recipes for your chance to instantly win FREE Clorox® Clean-Up® coupons and $100 gift cards from a variety retailers. Prizes are awarded randomly so everyone has a chance to win! I’m excited just thinking about all of the cool things people will submit and can’t wait to browse them and get ideas to add to my list of “rainy day activities”. There are four categories to browse (or submit a recipe to!): Wacky Science, Arts & Crafts, Kiddie Cooking and Creative Cooking. There are some really cool ideas over there already, so head over and check them out for some inspiration, then submit your own for a chance to win!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox Clean-Up Recipes for Fun blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on this program, click here and see the Terms link.