Did you know that honey has scientifically proven healing properties? It’s true! All honey has natural antibacterial properties but honey from the Manuka bush takes it to another level. Manuka honey is also an anti-inflammatory which means when it is applied to the skin it will speed up the healing process and calm the inflammation that causes pain.
Honey for Healing is a new US brand that makes a wound cream with all natural ingredients including high-purity Manuka honey imported directly from New Zealand. It is designed to help with the healing process of cuts, burns, scratches, acne and damaged skin in general.
Here’s a little more info about the healing properties of Makuna Honey:
- Manuka honey is acidic, creating its own germ-fighting hydrogen peroxide when introduced to fluid draining from a fresh wound.
- Manuka honey stimulates white cell growth to fight infection.
- Manuka honey’s high sugar content causes it to draw pus and fluid from a fresh wound.
- It speeds up new cell growth, providing the atmosphere for fast healing.
- When the Manuka honey is applied along with dressing on a fresh wound, it creates a safe, moist environment. Usual wound care protocol calls for keeping the area dry to avoid infection.
- Manuka honey’s antibacterial properties prevent infection as well as the foul odor that often comes with infected wounds. In fact, the moistness allows removal of the dressing without also removing new, healthy growth.
Honey for Healing Wound Cream offers quick relief and enhances healing without toxic chemicals or stickiness. That’s one of the first things I noticed about the wound cream — it is buttery smooth, feels great on my skin and absorbs quickly. I had a small scrape on my hand and Honey for Healing is not only helping to heal it but the skin around it too! My hands are really dry from winter weather so I rubbed the excess in to the rest of my hand and it is so soft now! Along with strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, the cream enhances the skin’s tissue regeneration too!
I love the pump dispenser. It makes the cream really easy to use and keeps the rest of the product fresh and uncontaminated. A little bit of product goes a long way. The small pocket sized dispenser is great for keeping on-hand at home or in your purse for on-the-go treatment whenever you need it!
Keep it nearby for those unexpected accidents and to treat existing ones. I’m excited to try it on acne. It will also be great for baseball/softball tournaments because of its many uses! It can help skin recover from the elements. Sun and wind tend to burn and chap exposed skin. I always use preventive measures like sunscreen but inevitably, my skin usually needs some help after a full day of ball! When it comes to products I use on my skin, I prefer them to be odorless and free from perfumes and other chemical ingredients. Honey for Healing fits the bill and is my new go-to product!
You can find out more about Honey for Healing and purchase some for yourself at www.honeyforhealing.com.
Complimentary product was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.
Feeling lucky? Enter to win Honey for Healing Wound Cream by filling out the form below. Also, be sure to check out all of our other giveaways. NOTE: If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you. If you need more guidance filling out this form, you can watch this video on how to enter Rafflecopter giveaways.
This giveaway is open until February 19, 2020 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.