I had been craving some homemade lemon bars when a package of True Citrus products landed on my doorstep for review. Since I don’t usually keep fresh lemons, nor lemon juice on hand, True Lemon was the perfect alternative. I used a standard recipe but substituted out the fresh lemon juice for True Lemon & water. I found the recipe at Allrecipes.com:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 lemons juiced (I dissolved 12 packets of True Citrus into 6 Tbs water)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 Cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. WHisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. The bars will firm up as they cool.
I also sprinkled the top with powdered sugar because that’s the way my mom used to make them. I was a little skeptical that these bars would turn out like the lemon bars I know and love but I was not disappointed. True Lemon came through! In fact, I’ll be using True Lemon instead of lemon juice from now on because it stores easier and I can keep it on hand for my random lemon bar cravings!
True Lemon is made from fresh lemons that are cold pressed and crystalized to lock in their flavor. True Lemon is 100% natural and calorie free! True Lime and True Orange flavors are also available. There are many uses for these products. Here are just a few:
- Add to water, iced tee, sparkling water or seltzer for a fresh kick of flavor.
- Sprinkle on popcorn or tortilla chips
- Use True Lemon on apples avocados or any fruit to stop it from browning
- Sprinkle True Lime into vanilla yogurt for instant Key Lime flavor!
- Sprinkle True Orange on vanilla ice cream for instant orange-sicle flavor!
- Add it to recipes, use it as a marinade or meat rub and so much more!
True Citrus also makes sweetened drink mixes in convenient packets. Flavors include: Original Lemonaide, Raspberry Lemonade, unsweetened lemon and naturally sweet orange. The lemonades are sweetened with all-natural Stevia and contain only 5 calories. Add a packet to a bottle or glass of water for an instantly refreshing beverage.
It was love at first taste and I became an instant fan of True Citrus products not only because they taste great, but because they are healthy for my family. All of the products are all-natural and a good source of vitamin C. You can find True Citrus products in the baking aisle of your local grocery store. For more information including store locations and recipes, visit www.truelemon.com.
Feeling lucky? Enter to win a True Lemon prize pack by filling out the form below. Also, be sure to check out all of our other giveaways. NOTE: if you are having trouble with the mandatory entry on the form below, click “Do it!” first. Then the form will pop up to enter your info. If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you. If you need more guidance, you can watch this video on how to enter Rafflecopter giveaways.
This giveaway is open until July 9, 2012 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.
Your information is confidential and used for contacting the winner and prize fulfillment purposes only.
A complimentary product/service was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.