I say Ba Da Bing, Ba Da Boom because I have reached and exceed my goal!!! I lost an extra .4 lbs! I have lost 55.4 pounds since I had baby #3 (40.2 lbs. since I started Weight Watchers). I am super pumped. Clothes I wore my freshman year of college are big on me now! That was 12 years ago! I feel great.
So, the goal now is to maintain my weight (although if I continue to lose I am happy with that as well). Weight Watchers wants you to maintain your weight for 6 weeks and then you can become a lifetime member. Piece of cake, right? Right? I haven’t counted points in a ton of months (shhhh don’t tell them that), but they give back 6 points in order to maintain. I understand the thinking, but 6 points seems like a lot! Portion control and understanding when I am full has been the biggest help for myself. That is how I know I am getting enough. Has anybody else ever been here?
Here is this week’s recipe:
1 large onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips, then cut in half for bite-size pieces
1 lb shrimp (tail off), thawed and drained
3 smallish heads broccoli (approx 5″ diameter each), cut into bite-size pieces
Garlic powder, to taste
McCormick Montreal Steak Spice, to taste
1 jar Ragu Light Alfredo Sauce
1 pint grape tomatoes
12 oz box Ronzoni Garden Delight Rotini
- Fry onion in a heavy pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add pepper when onions begin to brown.
- Add broccoli and cook until broccoli becomes softer. You may need to cover the pot to cook the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. It takes longer to make the sauce than the pasta, so don’t cook the pasta first.
- Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Spice and garlic powder; continue cooking.
- Add the shrimp. If the shrimp is uncooked, be sure that the shrimp cook to pink before adding the alfredo sauce.
- When the shrimp are heated through, add the alfredo sauce and tomatoes. The tomatoes should be warm, but not cooked.
- When the sauce is ready, add the pasta. Mix and serve with parmesan on top.
Length of Time: 44 weeks since baby was born
Pounds Lost: 55.4
Pounds Left to Lose: NONE 🙂
So, how did you do this week? Follow my weight loss (or gain) journey with the past Weigh Me Wednesday posts and keep me updated on your progress!