My husband and I currently live 7 hrs. apart because he is doing training for the next 5 months. So, I have been trying to think of what to do with our daughter since I have a ton of time with her to myself. My first thought was to do something cheap and/or affordable. So, here are my list of ideas. Feel free to comment if there are more ideas that you have too!
1. Contact your local library for storytimes. I contacted our library and started the beginning of June they are starting a storytime for her age group. It’s one day a week for a half an hour in the morning. I highly doubt my toddler will sit still, but it’ll be great to get her associating with other children her age.
2. Contact movie theatres in towns and see if they have “Mommy and Me” days (or whatever they may call them). I know that participating Regal Cinemas are having Free Family Movies at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. What a great way to watch free or cheap movies and to get away!
3. Take your child(ren) for a walk. My daughter just loves to be outdoors and this is the best way for us to accomplish this goal.
4. Go to the pool. It is not very expensive to take your child(ren) to the pool. Make sure to put sunblock on though!
5. Bake with your child.
6. Do arts and crafts together.
7. Read and put puzzles together.
8. Sidewalk chalk…all I need to say.
9. Visit your local museum and/or zoo.
10. Visit the elderly….whether they be relatives or strangers in a nursing home. It brightens their day.
11. Go to the park and have a picnic or just play in the park!