Just in time for Earth Day, Zak Designs has launched a new line of water bottles. They’ve always been an environmentally conscientious company that provides customers products to help lower their carbon footprint but this year they’re taking it to a new level. Planeterra is a new line of environmentally responsible products that meet the company’s high standard of quality but are also affordable enough for everyone.
Planeterra water bottles are made from an innovative material that can be reused for years but is also designed to breakdown toxin-free in a landfill within 3-5 years under normal conditions.
Available in 4 nature inspired colors, these 18 oz water bottles are perfect for kids. They feature a built-in carrying handle that can also be used to clip on to a backpack or sports bag. The flip-up drinking spout helps protect it from dirt and germs. As a busy mom, I really appreciate that these bottles are dishwasher safe and BPA free.
Zak is donating a portion of the proceeds from the Planeterra line to benefit the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and its mission to “protect the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly”. When working together, we can make a world of difference!
There are plenty of easy ways to become lifelong stewards for our environment. Start now to develop positive habits for your family using the 1-2-3’s of Environmental Stewardship as a guide:
• Research credible sources that provide current information about the challenges facing our environment
• Read books, articles, and other informational materials on environmental issues and ways you can make a difference
• Watch nature shows, movies, and documentaries to get a better understanding of the natural world and what we can do to protect it
• Ask your teachers about the possibility of having an environmental group give a presentation for your class
• Educate yourself about environmental ethics by visiting Leave No Trace’s website
• Help eliminate single-use plastics by insisting on reusable products and encouraging your family and friends to do the same
• Follow the Leave No Trace guidelines any time you’re in nature to ensure you don’t have a negative impact on the environment
• Sign up for Leave No Trace’s newsletter to learn about other ways to get involved and help make a difference
• Participate in an outdoor activity – hike, bike, paddleboard – that helps develop an appreciation for nature and wild spaces
• Organize or participate in clean-up efforts at local parks, open spaces, or natural areas
• Establish recycling programs at schools, churches, and clubs
• Find companies, organizations, and groups that share your commitment to the environment and support them through your purchases, contributions, and volunteer efforts
Here’s a quick little video with 7 easy principles kids can learn and follow:
I try to take my kids hiking and on outdoor adventures whenever I can to help them develop a sense of appreciation for the environment around us. We are always very careful to leave no trace! Living in Arizona, we drink tons of water so reusable water bottles are a very important way to help eliminate single use plastics! We use them for school, sports and just every day living!
This week we are going to watch Planet Earth for a little more education about the planet we live on and think of other ways we can contribute to a smaller carbon footprint. What will your family be doing to celebrate Earth Day?
You can find out more about Zak’s Planeterra line at www.zak.com.
Complimentary product was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was also compensated for my time. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.
Feeling lucky? Enter to win a PicturesOnGold Locket by filling out the form below. Also, be sure to check out all of our other giveaways. NOTE: If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you. If you need more guidance filling out this form, you can watch this video on how to enter Rafflecopter giveaways.
This giveaway is open until April 29, 2021 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.a Rafflecopter giveaway