I love summer as much as the next person but by the time fall rolls in I’m ready to get back into my favorite jeans. Boot cut is my go-to style however this season I’m finally taking the plunge and trying out the skinny jean. I can’t give up the boot cut though! I’ve been doing a lot of shopping at Kohl’s lately. It’s a little bit dangerous that there is one just two miles from my house, especially when they keep having irresistible sales and discounts!
I’m not a fashion blogger by any means but I do love to shop for clothes. I’m a bit of a plain Jane — my husband always teases be about the lack of color in my wardrobe. I tend to favor grey and black but those are always in style, right? Who’s with me?? I’m also big on comfort which means you’ll most often find me in jeans and a hoodie (or my pajamas — hey, it’s a perk of working from home which I like to take full advantage of!) That being said, what girl doesn’t like to look cute in a stylish yet comfortable outfit? Here’s one I put together (prices current at time of posting):
- Rock & Republic Kassandra Boot Cut Jeans ($30)
- Apt. 9 Dot Roll-Tab Henley ($20)
- Crocs Thea Slingback Flats ($17)
- Nine & Co. Silver Lining Satchel ($33)
Why I love this outfit:
- Versatility — the jeans, shoes and handbag will go with just about anything!
- Comfort —The top is super comfy and flattering. The loose fit hides any tummy imperfections and the sheer flowing fabric feels great! It comes in a purplish color with the same dot pattern but is also available in some solid colors. I’m seriously considering picking up a couple more of this top in different colors. I love it that much!
- Style — Rock & Republic denim. Need I say more? These jeans are as comfortable as they are stylish (note the pocket detailing). They have some stretch to them making them forgiving and flattering to your figure. These jeans retail for $88 a pair but because Kohl’s is so awesome, you’ll often be able to find that at half that price or better. Right now they are only $30! Pair that with the 20% off coupon and you’ll have a smokin’ deal! Plus, add a top or a pair of shoes to bring the total to $50 or more and you’ll also earn Kohl’s cash!
- Price — The whole outfit is only $100! Some of these items are currently on sale but I also didn’t factor in the 20% off coupon or any other discounts. Today, you can actually get this entire outfit for around $80!
- Function — the shoes are waterproof, an essential for the rainy Seattle weather!
I think this outfit would look good on a lot of different body types. Is this something you would wear? Find all the items pictured above at www.kohls.com.
Check back later this week to see how I styled two different pairs of Rock & Republic Skinny Jeans.
Kohl’s provided me with 3 pairs of Rock & Republic jeans and a $250 gift card, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.