*This post is sponsored by Eco Soaper*
My family loves watching Shark Tank together. It’s a show that allows inventors and entrepreneurs to present their ideas to potential investors. It’s fun to see new inventions that solve a problem for consumers. I didn’t see it on Shark Tank but I recently learned of an invention called Eco Soapr and was instantly intrigued. Liquid soap, while convenient, is expensive and wasteful. The packaging is a big contributor to pollution. Bar soap on the other hand is more economical and environmentally friendly but far less appealing to use. Eco Soapr is the perfect solution.
As an environmentally conscious mom I’ve tried to give up liquid soaps including body wash, many of which contain chemicals. I’ve found some great, natural bar soaps that I love but there were just too many things I didn’t love: hairs stuck to the bar of soap, slimy soap holders and slippery bars of soap that are hard to hold onto. I always end up going back to liquid soap but feel guilty every time I toss an empty bottle into the trash. The bottles that pile up in the bottom of my shower are a reminder of what the waste is doing to our landfills!
Eco Soapr is a new device made from recycled plastic that shaves off flakes of bar soap into your hand. It not only eliminates the plastic waste of liquid soaps but the mess from the traditional use of bar soap as well. Say goodbye to slimy, hairy bars of soap, and expensive, wasteful liquid soap. Eco Soapr is the future of clean!
Eco Soapr Facts:
- Eco Soapr has a removable stand and can be placed on a counter or mounted on a wall. The bottom of the stand helps catch flakes of soap you miss so you might want to leave it on, even when mounting to a wall. Mount the device with screws and mounting bracket or use strong double sided adhesive — the choice is yours!
- Eco Soapr fits bars of soap up to 1.5 by 2.5 by 3.5 inches however if you have a bigger bar, you can easily cut it in half and put the pieces into the device.
- Loading a bar of soap is easy —Just grab the top part of the housing with your index finger and thumb, push it down to release the locking mechanism and lift it up. It will expose the place to put your new soap bar. Drop the soap down the soap enclosure, replace the top of the housing and push it down to lock.
- Eco Soapr has a quiet, touchless operation which is very sanitary. It takes just 4 seconds for Eco Soapr to generate enough flakes for an average hand washing.
- Eco Soapr uses a built-in, non-removable, long-lasting, rechargeable battery. Assuming each member of a family of four washes their hands three times a day using Eco Soapr, it should last about 6 weeks on a single charge. Once you charge it overnight, it will be ready to go for another six weeks.
- The device has an On/Off switch which is useful when you are going on vacation or moving the device from one place to another.
Benefits of Eco Soapr
- Environmentally friendly — less waste, less pollution.
- Cost effective — bar soap costs less and lasts longer. Liquid soap is up to 10 times more expensive on a “per wash” basis!
- Fun to use — kids will love washing their hands with the weightless soap flakes
- Healthy — it’s a proven fact that regular hand washing keeps you healthier. Bar soaps are much less likely to contain harsh or chemical ingredients and the touch-free operation also helps prevent the spreading of germs.
Just like the inventors and entrepreneurs you see on Shark Tank, Eco Soapr is seeking backers on Kickstarter to bring their invention to market. Visit the Kickstarter campaign here to find out how you can help! Look for the sign up section at the top of the page. When you sign up, you are giving your email and entering for a chance to win an Eco Soaper and also get more info on the product if you don’t want to buy it right away.