When it comes to game consoles, we’ve pretty much tried them all — Wii, Xbox, and PlayStation… For the most part, they are all very similar. Recently we were introduced to a new and DIFFERENT game system called Flare Play and I think you’ll agree, especially if you are a parent, that this one stands out from the crowd for a number of reasons:
- No clutter — The game system is about 2″ square and you don’t need any discs. That’s right — no games to lose or break! No storing stacks of games either! The Flare Play currently has over 150 games from some of the biggest names in kid-friendly gaming like Disney and Pixar. Flare Play games are either streamed over your Wi-Fi network or by download from the Flare Play store onto your device.
- Easy Set Up — Just plug the micro-console device to the HDMI input on back of your television and after a few quick steps like pairing your controller and connecting to your wi-fi, it’s ready to play!
- Fun & Educational — Flare Play offers a great mix of educational materials and just for fun type games.
- Variety — Since you have access to all of the games offered for one price, you aren’t limited to a handful of games due to high cost ($30-$60 bucks a pop for most games on other consoles)
These are just a few of my favorite features of the Flare Play. It also has excellent and easy to use parental controls so that your kids have access only to the games that you approve. You can even set up different profiles (up to 5) so you can feel confident your children are accessing great content that is appropriate for their age group.
My daughters (age 5 and 7) really enjoyed some of the educational content. There are storybooks and games. Some of the stories also have coloring and puzzles that are a lot like some of their favorite apps on our iPad and Kindle. Theres a ton of content to explore so they never get bored.
My 8 year old son on the other hand looks for actual games since he already does a lot of educational games at school and for homework. There’s plenty to enjoy on the Flare Play including some of his favorite Lego games and sports games like NBA 2K13.
The Flare Play game kit comes with everything you need for set up, a universal Bluetooth game controller and one month of free membership for $49.99. It also includes 50 free-to-play games that are updated regularly. Additional controllers (up to 4 total) can be purchased and used for multi-player games)
The game subscriptions are very affordable ($4.99 to $14.99/mo.) and there are no contracts so you can cancel at any time. All game packs have new content added every month:
- Brainy Fun Pack – $4.99
- Hooked on Phonics Pack – $6.99
- Education Combo Pack – $9.99 (Includes the content from both the Brainy Fun and Hooked on Phonics Packs)
- Disney Game Pack – $9.99
- Premium Game Pack – $9.99
- Combo Game Pack – $14.99 (Includes the content from both the Disney and Premium Game Packs)
For more information about Flare Play, you can visit www.FlarePlay.com
Feeling lucky? Enter to win a Flare Play Game console by filling out the form below.
Be sure to check out all of my other giveaways too! NOTE: If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you.
This giveaway is open until January 12, 2016 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.
Your information is confidential and used for contacting the winner and prize fulfillment purposes only.