I couldn’t choose just one so there are 2 desserts for Mmm Monday this week! YUMMY!!!
Frozen S’More Stacks
1 box (17.6 oz.) brownie mix
2 pints vanilla Swiss almond ice cream
2 pints light chocolate ice cream
10 round chocolate wafer cookies
2/3 cup mini-marshmallows
1. Line a 13 x 9 in. baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving about 2 in. overhang on two sides. Prepare brownie mix as box directs. Spread into prepared pan and bake 18 to 20 minutes until set. Cool in pan 30 minutes, then refrigerate until cold.
2. Holding foil by ends, lift brownies from pan; cut 10 circles with a 2 1/2 in. cookie or bisquit cutter. Place on baking sheet and freeze.
3. Cut away carton from one pint of ice cream; cut crosswise into 5 slices. Using same cookie cutter, cut a circle from each slice. Place an ice cream circle on top of each brownie; return to freezer. Repeat with remaining pint of ice cream to form stacks; freeze.
4. Heat broiler. Place cookies on baking sheet. Top each with 1 Tbsp. mini-marshmallows. Broil about 1 minute or until marshmallows brown; let cool.
5. To serve, put a marshmallow-topped cookie on top of each ice cream stack and serve immediately.
Save scraps of ice cream for milkshakes!
Tip: Can be made through Step 3 and kept in an airtight container in freezer for up to 1 week.
Black and White Snowballs
2 cups of any of the following: chocolate crips rice cereal, sweetened flake coconut, mini-chocolate chips, chopped chocolate-covered almonds, chopped glazed walnuts, crushed chocolate wafers, crushed almond crisp cookies
1 pint light vanilla, chocolate or coffee ice cream
1. Place desired coating on a sheet of waxed paper. Place a foil-lined baking sheet in freezer.
2. Roll a scoop of ice cream (about 1 3/4 in.) in coating; arrange on baking sheet in freezer.
Tip: Store frozen ice cream balls in an airtight container in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
I got these recipes from the August issue of Woman’s Day.
Please share one of YOUR favorite recipes on your blog then come back here and leave your name and a link below. I know I could use some new recipes so this should be a nice way for all of us bloggers to share what works for our families!