When a product celebrates it’s 100 year anniversary, you know it has to be good. This year the nation’s #1 selling soap pad is celebrating 100 years! S.O.S pads are soap-filled steel wool pads that are an essential household staple with versatile uses. Developed in 1917 by a cooking utensil salesman named Irwin Cox, the scrubbers were designed to help his customers keep their new pans shiny. Cox’s wife called the pads S.O.S – which stood for “Save Our Saucepans” – and the rest is history. Here are some ways they can be used on cleaning projects both indoors and out:
- Power through grease and crusty, baked-on food on pots, pans and casserole dishes
- Degrease your oven and range hood
- Eliminate coffee and tea stains from mugs and carafes
- Clean glassware, refrigerator shelves**, microwave trays**, sticky labels, garbage can lids and more
- Say goodbye to soap scum and hard water stains on bathroom tiles, shower doors and ceramic sinks and bathtubs
- Keep grill grates clean to avoid compromising flavor
- Scrub patio furniture, garden tools, golf clubs, muddy cleats, chrome bumpers, wiper blades, tires and more
I remember my mom keeping a box of these under the sink. They were always used in the kitchen as far as I can remember and I had never really thought about using them elsewhere. This week though, with my new box in hand, I wondered where else I could put them to good use. I have to tell you — they work great in the bathroom! Donning my rubber gloves I used one to scrub the hard water stains out of my toilets with great results!
Clearly the original steel wool S.O.S. pads can be used on a wide variety of tasks but sometimes we need something a little bit gentler. That’s why the S.O.S. Non-Scratch Scrubbers we introduced recently.
S.O.S Non-Scratch Scrubbers Product Details
- S.O.S Non-Scratch Scrubbers are made from abrasive polypropylene fibers instead of the steel wool found in traditional S.O.S pads.
- This scratch-free scrubber is soft on hands with the convenience of S.O.S soap built right in – simply wet the pad and scrub.
- S.O.S Non-Scratch Scrubbers are infused with the same soap that S.O.S consumers have trusted for almost 100 years.
- S.O.S Non-Scratch Scrubbers can be used multiple times and are available in 4-count and 8-count packs.
- Prices: $2.59 for a 4-count pack and $4.49 for an 8-count pack (pricing is at sole discretion of the retailer).
Last year I used the Non-Scratch Scrubbers to clean hubby’s grill. As soon as the rain let’s up the grill will get it’s new annual cleaning to get it ready for grilling season! I also discovered that these scrubbers work fantastically on my son’s baseball pants! White pants and dirt don’t mix well but these gentle scrubbers help me get out the ground in dirt and grass stains. I always keep both varieties of S.O.S. pads on hand and continue to look for ways to put them to good use — they certainly come in handy!
S.O.S Steel Wool Soap Pads are available in three fresh scents – Regular, Lemon and Lavender – at grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide. S.O.S Non-
Scratch Scrubbers are also available for non-stick cookware and other delicate surfaces. More information about S.O.S products is available at www.sosclorox.com.