I recently had the opportunity to try out two new fragrances from Tru Fragrance. I wish I could put a scratch and sniff patch right on your computer screen because I cannot do justice describing them. “Pretty” and “good” don’t really cut it but I’ll do my best to describe them. First is Sinful, a private label women’s fragrance. The bottle it comes in is awesome. In fact even the box that the bottle comes in is cool. The glass bottle is deep purple fading to pink at the top. A metallic logo medallion encrusted with jewels adorns the front while Sinful’s signature wings in a metalized finish make up the majority of the cap. Check out the picture of the bottle and box above. Rad, right?
More about the fragrance:
Top Notes: Mandarin, Grapefruit, Raspberry
Mid Notes: Rose, Gardenia, Sparkling Mimosa
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Patchouli, Tonkabean
You can find this fragrance at www.Buckle.com. It retails for around $50.
While not quite as fancy, Francesca’s Collection Signature Fragrance has a classic elegance with it’s clear glass bottle and gold cap. The box was inspired by the intricate patterns of moroccan artwork.
More about the fragrance:
Top Notes: Fresh Bergamot, Orange Segments
Mid Notes: Sensual Jasmine, Exotic Rose
Base Notes: White Patchouli, Vetiver, Creamy Vanilla
You can find this fragrance at www.francescacollection.com. It retails for $28.
Here are a few tips from custom fragrance development company, Tru Fragrance, on how to smell extra sweet this summer.
1. The rules for applying fragrance shift in summer months. Apply perfume more delicately but with increased frequency. Sweating allows the body to cool but it does impact fragrance as it gradually evaporates with the sweat, necessitating regular reapplication. Rollerball versions of your favorite scent are great to carry throughout the day to freshen up.
2. Placement of perfume is key. Spray lightly on pulse points such as wrists, décolleté, behind knees and ears. Do not rub in the fragrance but let it soak in. The optimal time to apply perfume is on clean fresh skin – it’s best to shower, apply lotion and then apply the fragrance. Also, a light spritz in the hair will help scent linger longer.
3. Certain scents are more pleasant than others in the heat. The following notes and perfumes are a good choice for the summer season:
a. Citrus notes such as pink grapefruit, exotic yuzu, lemon lime spritz, citron, orange, mandarin and bergamot, found in L’Eau d’Issey pour Homme Summer, L’Occitane Eau Universelle and Marc Jacobs Splash Kumquat
b. Aromatic cooling notes such as mint that can be found in CK One Summer Limited Edition andAcqua di Gioa Satin
c. Aquatic notes with scents such as watermelon, bamboo and sea spray, found in Victoria’s Secret Beach Angel, Cool Water and Charlotte Russe Refuge
d. Creamy gourmands such as coconut, vanilla and almond; examples of these can be found in “suntan lotion scents” such as Jet 365 Cabana for Two, Creed Island Water, Bobbi Brown Beach and Keihl’s Crème de la Corps Light body lotion SPF 30
4. Avoid fragrances that are “hot” and contain spicy notes as well as heavy oriental scents. Many perfumes come out with a sheer version of their main fragrance for summer, which minimizes heavy notes and features lighter notes while maintaining the signature quality of the scent. Jean Paul Gauliter CLASSIQUE Summer Fragrance, Angel Aqua Chicand Ralph Lauren Romance Summer Blossom are good examples.
5. Try something new. Several notable brands are launching limited edition and seasonal fragrances this summer, including CK One Summer Limited Edition, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Summer, Viktor and Rolf’s Flowerbomb Love Me Tight, Yves Rocher FlowerParty and Cacharel Amor Amor Summer 2012.
Enter the giveaway by filling out the form below. Also, be sure to check out all of our other giveaways. NOTE: if you are having trouble with the mandatory entry on the form below, click “I did this” first. Then the form will pop up to enter your info. If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you. If you need more guidance, you can watch this video on how to enter Rafflecopter giveaways.
This giveaway is open until August 8, 2012 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.
Your information is confidential and used for contacting the winner and prize fulfillment purposes only.
A complimentary product/service was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.