Mommies with Cents receives free products for review purposes and may sometimes be compensated for posts but all opinions expressed are 100% my own. See Mommies with Cents disclosure policy for details.
Summer is so close I can taste it. In fact, we just took our first trip out for the year in our camping trailer for the long weekend. Camping wasn’t always as luxurious and easy. For years we camped in a tent, including all the years I was either pregnant and/or toting babies. I love the memories we created with our family but I also remember how much work it was! Preparation pays off though so here are my tips for camping with baby:
- Don’t cut corners when packing — contemplating whether you really need to bring the exersaucer? Bring it! This piece of equipment is especially useful if your baby is mobile. You’ll be able to enjoy a meal and some hands-free time while baby plays safely nearby. Bring the Pack & Play too so baby has a safe and familiar place to sleep.
- Prep finger foods ahead of time — depending on baby’s age, having bite-sized pieces of their favorite foods will make meal times so much easier. Cut up fruits, cube ham and cheese or puree veggies into portion sizes and keep in the cooler. Don’t forget lots of snacks, bottled water and sippy cups/bottles.
- Bring the camera — you don’t want to miss capturing your baby’s firsts whether it’s toes in the sand or a hike through the woods.
- Wipes, wipes, wipes! Never go camping without wipes in bulk. You’ll find yourself using them for everything well beyond diaper changes! Use them to wash your face before bed or freshen up when showering isn’t an option. I like the Pampers Baby Fresh soft packs because they are the perfect size for travel. I keep a few packs on hand in various places so they’re always easily accessible!
- Speaking of diapers, bring more than you think you’ll need. You won’t want to have to leave camp to search for a store that carries them. Also, make sure you’re using your favorite leak-free brand like Luvs that come in value sized boxes. If you’ll be near the beach or a pool, don’t forget the Pampers Splashers, diapers made specifically for water play.
- Enjoy the break from laundry. Avoid worrying about how much work you’ll have when you get back home and focus on having fun in the moment! Bring a mesh bag to keep all the dirty laundry in and use a Dreft Stain Remover pen to treat stains until you can get home to wash them with Dreft laundry detergent, formulated for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Bring toys — Pack buckets, shovels and other small washable toys that baby can play with outside. The bucket can do double duty for washing up those toys at the end of the day or rinsing baby’s sandy feet.
- Make a list —About a week before you leave, start making a list of everything you want/need to bring. Don’t forget sunscreen, a safe bug repellent, hats to protect baby’s skin, and extra clothing.
- Most importantly, relax and have fun! You’ll look back on these trips with fondness and cherish the memories you created together with your baby.
At Babies “R” Us from June 1 – June 30 you can find some great deals on some of the essentials you’ll need to make your camping trip a success. They include:
- $5 OFF LUVS VALUE BOXES OF DIAPERS (REG $35.99)
- $9.99 PAMPERS SPLASHERS (PERFECT FOR SUMMER!)
- $19.99 PAMPERS VALUE BOXES OF WIPES (REG $23.99)
- FREE DREFT STAIN REMOVER 22OZ ($3.99 VALUE) WITH PURCHASE OF ANY DREFT LAUNDRY DETERGENT 100OZ
Feeling lucky? Enter to win a prize pack that includes:
- $50 BRU Giftcard
- Pampers wipes
- Dreft pen
- Crayola Chalk
- Melissa and Doug Happy Giddy Pail
A complimentary product/service was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.
Enter the giveaway by filling out the form below. Also, be sure to check out all of our other giveaways. NOTE: If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you. If you need more guidance filling out this form, you can watch this video on how to enter Rafflecopter giveaways.
This giveaway is open until June 1, 2015 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.
Your information is confidential and used for contacting the winner and prize fulfillment purposes only.