When fall arrives, or typically as soon as the kids head back to school, I get into homemaker mode. I start baking and making comfort foods for dinner while spending the day taking care of other household tasks that I got behind on while the kids were home. Yesterday was the first day of school so I wanted to make something yummy for an after school snack. I just got some new donut pans from Zulay Kitchen that I had been dying to try, so Homemade Pumpkin Spice Donuts it was!
I’ve never made donuts before but they were incredibly easy to make. I can’t wait to try other flavors and different glazes. The options are endless! I started with Pumpkin Spice because, hello….FALL! Here’s the recipe I used:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans with non-stick cooking spray. The Zulay pans I used are non-stick so this may not be necessary.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except the flour. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add the flour stirring until smooth.
- Fill the wells of the donut pans about 3/4 full. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter and pour it into the donut molds.
- Bake donuts 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from the oven. After a few minutes, transfer them to a cooling rack.
- After the donuts have cooled off a bit but are still warm, quickly dip them on each side in the melted butter, then gently shake them in a bag with the sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat.
Complimentary product was provided for this review, however, all opinions expressed are my own. I was not compensated in any other way. See Mommies With Cents disclosure policy for more details.
Feeling lucky? Enter to win Zulay Kitchen Donut Pans by filling out the form below. Also, be sure to check out all of our other giveaways. NOTE: If you don’t leave your address, I won’t have a way to get your prize to you. If you need more guidance filling out this form, you can watch this video on how to enter Rafflecopter giveaways.
This giveaway is open until September 12, 2019 at 12:01 am EST to U.S residents.